Best in Backyards Blog
A consumer’s guide to backyard products including Swing Sets, Storage Sheds, Outdoor Rooms, Trampolines, Basketball Systems and much more. Check out our blog for advice and expert opinions to help you create your perfect dream backyard!
Take This Year's Easter Egg Hunt Outside
With Easter morning less than 48 hours away, moms, dads, grandmas and grandpas all over the country are prepping for Easter egg hunts that will be tons of fun for the youngsters. Whether you are purchasing the eggs or going the old-fashioned route (FYI: Easter eggs have been around for more than 100 years!) by hard-boiling, cooling, dying and decorating, the eggs are just half the fun.
The other is coming up with tricky spots so your children will have to put in some extra effort to find all the candy and treasures! That may mean switching things up a bit and taking the hunt from the living room and dining room to the front yard and backyard. If you're having trouble coming up with hiding spots, take a look at the list below and see what you can incorporate into this year's Easter egg hunt. Just remember where you put the eggs so you can tell the kids to keep on looking when they're stumped because all the obvious places have been checked!
- The swing set -- Inside the tire swing; the corners of the clubhouse or tree house; the space beneath the bottom of the slide
- The storage shed -- Window boxes; underneath ramps; around the base of the structure
- The trampoline -- Inside the net and on the surface (this is definitely a freebie for the kids!)
- Outdoor room -- Underneath or between cushions on patio furniture; in a drawer of the outdoor kitchen; in a notch of a gazebo, pavilion or pergola (might have to give the little ones a hand if they spot an egg placed up high)
- In the garden -- Bury in deep, big bushes; place one in the watering can
- In the mailbox -- If your driveway isn't too long
- In the car -- On the front seat or back seat; in the cup holder
- In the BBQ -- One egg on each rack
No matter the hiding places you choose, know that all the holiday fun is sure to give your youngsters long-lasting childhood memories!