Holiday Gift Guide for the Whole Family: 6 Ideas
Christmas is less than two weeks away, and if you’re one of those people who tends to wait to the last minute to finish holiday shopping, it’s very likely that you still have a few items to purchase. Not to worry! There’s still plenty of time to get an awesome gift that will surprise and delight your loved one, whether he or she is just a tiny tot or an older family member.
To help you find that something special, here’s the Best in Backyards 2015 Holiday Gift Guide. We promise it has something for everyone in your family.
- For Your Children: Instead of giving the kids something that will keep them indoors (video games, a tablet, cell phone, etc.), why not go with a more active gift? We have three recommendations here: A solid cedar swing set, a trampoline or a basketball system. Each of these items promotes play, an important activity that helps children grow and develop physically, cognitively and socially. If you go with a swing set, we suggest one that’s large enough to grow with the children. All Eastern Jungle Gym playsets fit the bill, here. When it comes to trampolines, it’s important to select one that is safe and well-built. We recommend Springfree Trampolines for their soft surfaces and composite rods. Lastly, with basketball systems, made-in-America Goalsetters provides a great selection of products, from wall-mount to indoor hoops. With high quality glass backboards, height adjustment and ease of transfer, these basketball hoops are a hit with kids and parents alike.
- For Dad: We can’t think of a dad who wouldn’t be happy with either a brand new storage shed or a brand new BBQ grill. If your father is the type who is constantly outside, working on the appearance of the house and property, you can’t go wrong with a storage shed (especially when there are so many styles, colors and sizes to consider). Or, if your dad simply loves to whip up juicy burgers, sizzling steaks or a tasty rack of ribs, opt for a new BBQ! The BBQ grills from Bull Outdoor Products feature space for storage and food preparation, as well as large cooking areas (in some cases, seven burners!).
- For Mom: For ladies who love to entertain not just indoors but outside too, an outdoor kitchen island makes a fantastic gift. Whether your mother would prefer a stone or stucco finish, granite or tile countertops, these outdoor kitchens (some of which include refrigerators and bar seating) offer plenty of variety.
- For Grandma and Grandpa: If your grandparents like to spend more time outdoors but are hesitant to do so because they lack a shaded space at their home, a pavilion or retractable awning is the perfect gift. Both will allow for them to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine while remaining protected. Pavilions are available in wood or vinyl, and they can even be wired for the addition of a ceiling fan or light fixture. Retractable awnings come in a few different sizes, with many Sunbrella fabric options. Plus, the wind sensor feature will let your loved ones rest easy knowing that even if they did forget to retract the awning as a storm passes through, their unit is safe.
- For Nieces, Nephews and Younger Siblings: If you’re looking for an affordable gift that will wow a younger brother or sister, or a niece or nephew, look no further than a zipline or slackline for the backyard. These devices provide countless hours of fun as the little ones spend time outdoors soaring through the air or perfecting their balancing abilities. Plus, they’re super easy to install.
- For Anyone and Everyone: If you’re still not sure of the right present for someone on your list, go with a gift card! You have the flexibility to go with either a certain store (think a Best in Backyards gift card for someone who wants to give their backyard some type of upgrade, but is still deciding on the specifics), or a generic brand (such as an American Express gift card).
We hope that our Holiday Gift Guide has been helpful. Best in Backyards wishes you a happy holiday season, a merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year. Have fun shopping!