Contender Series In-Ground Basketball Hoop
Among the mid-sized Goalsetter models is the Contender, a basketball hoop that offers even more upgrades than the Elite while still boasting an affordable price point. The Contender was borne of a customer request, and since then has become known for its proven performance. This model has a wider range of height adjustment capability, from 6′ to 10′. It also features a patented internal height adjustment mechanism, facilitated by an off-set pole that allows for protection from outside forces. Between the innovative interior components and the durable, long-lasting exterior, the Contender is a high quality hoop that your family will enjoy for years to come.
- Patented Internal Compression Height Adjustment: Allows for adjustments between 6′ and 10′
- Backboard Specs: 36″ high x 54″ wide x 3/8″ thick, made of fully-tempered glass and backed with a 1-1/2″ structural steel H-frame for paramount stability. Acrylic backboards also available.
- No Dead Spots: Backboard provides for consistent rebound, even at corners
- Bushings: Nylon bushings at pivot points for smoothness and quiet, 1/4″ thick steel bushings at rim mounting for security and strength
- Thoughtful Design: Rounded edges and corners create a safe play area for the kids.
- Extension Area: Wide grip, die-formed extension arms from pole to backboard are solid, not cut or welded, creating a 2 1/2′ space from backboard to pole
- Pole Strength: A 4″ square, off-set, one-piece steel pole lessens shaking and vibrations. It’s made of 7-gauge steel, with 3/16″ wall thickness, superior to competing models.
- Longlasting Look: With one coat of primer and two coats of a baked-on acrylic enamel, the Contender will maintain its appearance for years to come
- Quality and Warranty: Made in the USA, comes complete with a 5-Year Limited Warranty (for residential use, only)